GET UP FOR MORE THAN A PAY CHEQUE
JOBS AT NGC
NGC is a young-but-established construction company, already earning a reputation for doing things differently. We’re always looking for people with passion, drive and commitment to join our team. We care about our work, and we care about the people we work with.
NGC Constructors Ltd. (NGC) is a mid-size Owner’s Representative, General Contractor, and Construction Management company with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Tacoma, and Dallas, Your role Reporting to our Project Director, as Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of construction projects from start to completion. You possess a high degree of professional integrity and a commitment to always conduct in the best interests of NGC and its customers, demonstrating strong leadership, good judgment, confidence, initiative, and flexibility. The successful candidate will look forward to the potential of travel for projects Canada-wide. While no one day will ever be the same, some of your activities and responsibilities will include: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES As a Project Manager for NGC, you will contribute to our team by:
• Provide overall contract administration, technical expertise, and support to the project.
• Develop and implementing the project safety plan and leading by example for health and safety practices and procedures.
• Ensure the project is constructed as per design, budget, resources, quality, and schedule, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
• Manage project performance and complete performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
• Negotiate and issue subcontracts, major purchase orders and progress payments and monitoring their progress and schedule.
• Understand, communicate, and enforce the contract and contract documents.
• Develop and coordinate overall project closeout.
• Identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
• Other duties as required. Knowledge & Skills
• Postsecondary degree or diploma in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
• 5 - 10 years of progressive construction experience in commercial and multi-storey construction.
• Demonstrated experience implementing a strong safety culture by application of health, safety, and environment principles and legislation.
• In-depth knowledge of construction industry including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, construction law and building codes, and safety and quality management practices
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills including the ability to manage project budgets and schedules.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, project management and scheduling software, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
• Ability for potential relocation and temporary out of town project assignments.